Curly and I had some fun making some Mother’s Day gifts for my mom and my mother-in-law. I’m not the most crafty or artistic person but these mugs were doable even for me! They turned out pretty cute as gifts I must say!
oil based Sharpie markers in at least 3 different colors
monogram print out
double stick tape
large ceramic mug
- I found a monogram outline on the computer, resized it, and printed it out.
- Then I covered the back of the monogram with double stick tape, making sure to cover the entire monogram-even going over the edges.
- Then I cut out the monogram and had a self-created monogram sticker.
- I placed the monogram on the mug.
- Then I took one color and made a series of dots around the edge of the monogram, leaving spaces for the other colors.
- Next, I used the second and third colors to fill in the gaps around the monogram.
- Then I added dots to the front of the mug, increasing the space between them as I got further from the monogram.
- Once the dots had dried I removed the monogram sticker. (If any of the markers bled into the monogram area you can scrape it off with your finger nail).
- Then I baked the mugs in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes.
- I hand washed my mugs.
I just love a successful Pinterest project!