I’ve only recently been able to have a consistent morning time with my kids during our homeschool day.
For years, I tried unsuccessfully to implement a group school time. And finally this school year, we were successful. Now, our morning time is our favorite part of our homeschool day.
I shared some tips about being successful with this homeschool morning time, so don’t miss those.
And in this post I’m going to be sharing some fun resources that we’ve used in our morning time.
I try to cover a variety of subjects during this group school time. And I try to have a variety of activities like map drawing, narration, copywork, outlining, and spelling.
I also try to choose some resources to help us have discussions about difficult topics. We’ve had some really profound and interesting group discussions and I’ve loved hearing my kids share their unique perspectives on a variety of topics.
In addition to books that cover traditional school subjects, I try to add in books that cover things like finances, architecture, inventions, and etiquette. Those are some fun extras that we add in throughout the year.
But if you’re looking to get started with a basic morning basket to incorporate some of the main subjects, here are some great resources for you!
- Jesus Story Book Bible
- The Child’s Story Bible by Vos
- The 10 Minute Bible Journey
- Case for Christ for Kids Series by Strobel
- If I Could Ask God Anything: Awesome Bible Answers for Curious Kids
- The Radical Book for Kids: Exploring the Roots and Shoots of Faith
- Great for God by Shibley
- Random House Book of Poetry for Children
- Read-Aloud Rhymes for the Very Young
- A Child’s Garden of Verses
- It’s Raining Pigs and Noodles
- A Child’s Book of Poems
- A Child’s Introduction to Art
- The Children’s Interactive Story of Art
- Vincent’s Starry Night and Other Stories
- Art Masterclass series
- Chalk Pastel Art
- Getting to Know the World’s Greatest Artists
- The Story of the Orchestra
- Welcome to the Symphony
- The Carnival of the Animals by Prelutsky
- SQUILT Resources
- 101 Hymn Stories
- Then Sings My Soul
- Getting to Know the World’s Greatest Composers
- Great Musicians Series
- America’s Story
- The Word’s Story
- A History of US
- Betsy Maestro books
- Landmark Books
- Ingri D’Aulaire books
- Adventures in Creation
- Marvels of Creation
- God’s Wondrous Machine
- Let’s Read and Find Out
- National Geographic Kids Everything Series
- Ask a Science Teacher
- Science Year by Year
- Draw Geography books by Kristin J. Draeger
- Window on the World
- Children’s Atlas of God’s World
- Material World
- Passport to the World
- Maps by Aleksandra Mizielinska
Enjoy a fun time of learning together filled with beautiful books and thought-provoking discussions!
Find more homeschool encouragement and ideas here: