We decided to start our homeschool a little early this summer so that we can have some extra time off this fall. Our first day was July 27th and overall we had a great day!
We did not add in science, history, or Latin that first week. However, we worked on language arts, math, Spanish, read alouds, and Bible.
Enjoy a photo tour of our first day!
Here are a few things that I learned on this first day of school.
- Warm chocolate milk is necessary for my kids early in the morning.
- Foam blocks are the perfect (and quiet) preschool toy.
- Chocolate cake is a wonderful breakfast food.
- Mandatory treadmill time is amazing! Truly amazing! My kids had such increased focus after their exercise time.
- All children must have their own personal notebook to feel like part of our “school.”
- It is amazing that Curly is a great reader and can listen to both Bee and Tiger sound out words while I work with someone else.
- We can now all do work at the same time around our homeschool table. This saves so much time!
- Homeschooling in pj’s is the absolute best!
Linked up with Hip Homeschool Moms