It’s almost the new semester so it was time for me to revamp our old schedule and make some changes. Some subjects have been dropped completely and some subjects have been combined. I’ve worked to streamline my day and try to shorten our school time and fit in more play time (and more break time for me).
Here’s my new schedule with my modifications:
Some changes I made:
- I dropped geography and Latin for Curly and Spanish for Bee and Tiger.
- I moved half of our read aloud time to the morning and shifted science and history to the afternoon.
- I shortened Curly’s morning school time and added some space for Tiger to do school before breakfast.
- I combined school time for Ladybug and Punkin since they have zero attention span.
- Dinner time is earlier with more family time in the evening.
I’ve been trying out this new schedule in December and it is working wonderfully well. I feel like our days have better variety and the kids have more play time. Somehow things just seem more efficient and our day seems shorter. It is a welcome change!