Another sweet blogger nominated my blog for an award. She nominated me 2 months ago and in those 2 months life happened and I haven’t been able to write many new blog posts or research the blogs that I wanted to nominate for the award. So, I’m sure I’m breaking every. single. blog etiquette rule out there, but I’m going to graciously accept my award and post my own nominations even if it’s so very belated.
Thank you so very much to the wonderful Michele at Family, Faith, and Fridays. Such an encouraging homeschool and family blog!
Here is my Liebster Award!!! So fun to receive my very first blog award!!! Thank you again Michele!
Want to know more about Liebster??
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have not yet hit the 200 follower mark. The award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back “you’ve got a great thing started” type of award. “liebster” is German for “favorite”
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
So here we go!!!
1. My hubby and I met when he worked at the UPS store-I was his favorite customer 🙂
2. I was homeschooled in high school
3. I love the mountains and wish I lived closer so I could ski and snowboard
4. We are Gluten Free at our house (and egg and dairy free too)
5. My hubby never buys me flowers he brings me books!
6. I have never put gas in my own car, it just magically fills up (thanks to my sweet hubby!)
7. I had always planned to go to law school, but I think being a stay-at-home homeschool mommy is so much better
8. I live for Italian food!
9. I have a terrible curricula addiction…
10. Before our kids were born, hubby and I used to enjoy riding motorcycles together (I was always the passenger and never the driver)
11. I am so thankful I can call Christ my Savior and Lord
Favorite flower– I don’t even think I have one! I’m not the flower type. But I guess I would choose alstroemeria since they were in our wedding.
How I met my hubby– He managed the local UPS store and I visited frequently to mail out my college applications. We chatted each visit and became great friends. Here we are almost 10 years later 🙂
Favorite blog post
– I think it would be My Full Time Job
since I read it often to remind and encourage myself
What brings me joy– Many things! My devotion time when I journal my prayers, date nights and late night chats with my hubby, snuggling and reading with my kids, enjoying a wonderful book, and spending time catching up with friends
Beach or mountains? – Mountains hands down. Unfortunately I live only a few hours from the sandy, messy, hot beach. Not my choice!
Cats or dogs– I would choose dogs if my daughter weren’t allergic. Never, ever cats!
Who inspires me?– My husband inspires me to bring spontaneous fun into our lives and step out of my comfort zone. I also have several sweet homeschool friends who inspire me to spend more time with the Lord and to enjoy every moment with my kiddos.
One completed item on my bucket list– I’ve never really made a bucket list-I’m not really very adventuresome. But I’ve traveled to both South America and Europe and seen a play on Broadway. Those would be on my list if I made one.
Phone calls or letters?– I would choose phone calls or even Skype because I love being able to hear the voice on the other end.
If I had to wear the same outfit for a month, what would it be?– Well, to be honest, I almost do that. I live in yoga pants and tank tops. I’ve been known to wear the same outfit for more than 1 day in a row-sleepless nights, few showers, and lots of littles will do that to you! My hubby jokingly refers to my outfit as my “uniform.”
Favorite movie– Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley. Love that story!
Here are my blog nominees:
Here are my questions for my bloggers:
1. Who or what inspired you to homeschool?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What is your favorite subject to teach?
4. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
5. What is your favorite game to play with your kids?
6. What is your least favorite household chore?
7. What is your proudest achievement?
8. What is something you’ve said or done that you always said you would never do or say?
9. What surprises you most about your child or children?
10. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would you choose?
11. What trait of yourself do you see most prominently displayed in your children?
Have fun sharing the blogging love!